What Kind of Art Do You Like Lin?


A FAKE INTERVIEW

(with a complimentary playlist on the bottom)

                  


What kind of art do you like Lin?
I like the type of art that makes me feel like I’m about to drown in an ocean of darkness, but some sort of divine angelic force tries to save me.

Does that mean that you’re religious?
No. I guess the dark ocean and the divine force are more like symbols, a delusion of sorts.

Do you mean that you like emotional art?
Well, it’s nice to feel something for a change. It’s a reminder that you’re alive. The possibility of death is what sets us apart from the dead. That is ultimately what makes us, specifically alive. 

                     

Those are quite dramatic thoughts, lots of life and death on your mind, I suppose.
Not really, I just think that by taking in dark art by others I realize that I’m not alone. We’re all crew on spaceship Earth together. Life is hard sometimes, and art is a great way of processing that fact without getting depressed. 

I don’t know if this all makes sense.
No, it probably doesn’t. I think I made it too complicated…can I just take it back and say I like to listen to sad music and I love paintings that make me cry instead?

Do you mean that art is therapeutic to you?
You could say that, yeah. (beat) I guess that’d be fair.

                        

Comments

  1. Replies
    1. I know right. Even comedy or stand up is better if it's a little dark. I kind of want to feel the pain of life in things I watch/listen to.

      Delete
  2. Yes yes yes. The darker the feels all the sweeter. Our existence is built upon duality where we experience everything in it's counterpart...we find life in death, light in shadow, joy in sorrow, harmony in dissonance, order in chaos, silence in sound...so on and so on.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts